LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The following guest post is courtesy of New Zealand based Forex broker TitanFX.
Energy management is one of the most effective ways to ensure an active and productive day of work. By mastering energy management, you can execute smart ways to regulate daily energy and increase overall output. For long term trading, managing your energy can also improve both physical and mental health. It can overcome chronic fatigue or stress. For an energetic and fruitful day of work, apply optimal energy management while living a successful and healthy forex trading lifestyle.
What is Energy Management?
Energy management deals with proper distribution of energy for increased efficiency. In a day’s work, energy management helps to extend or renew energy for greater productivity and better quality output. It is the best way to plan and allocate energy levels into challenging or high value tasks.
Studies show that the highest energy levels are during earlier times of the day. Unlike time, energy depletes. As the day continues, those who do not focus on energy management have fewer accomplishments. In most work environments, a combination of physical and mental exhaustion can significantly decrease efficiency. To fight this common work problem, take advantage of your body’s natural energy levels and introduce energy management into your forex trading routine.
Best Benefits of Energy Management
- Since forex traders work during odd hours of the day, proper energy management can provide many benefits for a rewarding day of work.
- For a sustainable forex trading career, managing your energy throughout the day can be used as a highly effective time saving strategy.
- Preparation for energy management allows you to look at your highest levels of productivity and take advantage of it.
- For diligent forex traders, constant use of energy management encourages best-practice for daily forex trading tasks.
- Energy management reduces stress or tiredness for better overall health.
- Application of energy management paves the way to more quality output and better forex trading results.
- Prioritizing energy for difficult tasks enables growth in forex trading.
How to Apply Energy Management Into Your Routine
Manage your energy while living a productive and enjoyable forex trading lifestyle. To avoid feeling tired by the end of the day, take advantage of energy management as a powerful trading strategy. The ultimate guide to energy management shares steps and energy boosting tips for physical and mental alertness.
Steps to implement Energy Management
It is important to know that everyone behaves differently at certain times of the day. Because of this, implementing energy management into your trading routine requires personal analysis and practicality. Depending on your schedule, examine the hours you feel most energized and incorporate these energy levels into your system. Make sure to create the best plan that will suit your trading schedule, the tasks you want to accomplish and your personal energy levels.
Step 1: Finalize your desired trading schedule
Create a reliable trading schedule. Based on research or experience, make sure to pick the session you want to trade in. This is the best place to start fine tuning your trading routine and personal schedule.
Step 2: Identify vital tasks requiring optimal energy and focus
Approach your daily to-do list with daily energy management. Build a task list that differentiates high-value tasks from easier ones. At this point, you will need to identify which tasks require more energy or time.
Step 3: Develop and implement new schedule complementing energy levels
Examine your energy levels and complement it with your trading strategy or schedule. Be sure to plan high-value tasks around your peak energy hours.
Step 4: Test the new schedule
Once you start to test your new trading schedule, make sure to study your energy levels. Keep an eye on your initial body reactions and recognize your energy depleting behaviours.
Step 5: Constantly review your system and quantify improvements
Do not be content with your initial energy management plan. Make sure to apply continual improvement and review your system. Once you get the hang of your energy levels, optimize your trading hours for more opportunities for improvement.
Top tips to preserve energy throughout the day
- If you suddenly feel exhausted in the middle of the day, feel free to find an activity that re-energizes you. You may take a nap, meditate or do a quick workout to restart.
- Forex trading requires energy and alertness. Do not let fatigue get to you especially in the middle of an execution. Try Smart Ways to Curb Trading Fatigue.
- Much of our daily energy comes from hours of sleep. Create a dependable sleeping schedule to avoid tiredness throughout the day.
- Be mindful of what you eat and drink. Carbs or highly caffeinated drinks can cause sudden tiredness. Instead of eating plenty of carbs, have more protein instead. For coffee drinkers, it is recommended to take caffeine in the middle of the day.
- Stress has much to do with energy levels. Be sure to take care of mental wellbeing to properly execute energy management and avoid losing energy.
- Dehydration can greatly affect energy. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to avoid dehydration.
Fun tips to increase energy at the start of the day
- To kickstart your energy levels right after bed, open your windows and let natural light in.
- Pick healthy carbs for breakfast and eat more protein.
- Plan an early morning workout to stimulate both body and mind.
- Start your day lightly. Try not to dive into work straight away.
- Listen to music that makes you happy! Perhaps try this as your alarm clock.
- Begin your morning with green or white tea in place of coffee.
- Think about your personal goals as well as your career goals to increase inspiration.
- Even during days off, try not to sleep in. As long as you get the same hours of sleep, it is best to wake up at the same time.
Build A Productive Environment with Energy Management!
Any forex trader can plan a good work schedule and an efficient task list. But without energy management, most traders cannot optimize their most productive energy levels. For quality results and more meaningful work hours, be sure to apply energy management in your daily trading schedule.
In the long run, traders who practice energy management will become more efficient and adaptable. This will lead to a healthy trading environment and better trades.