Business information giant Thomson Reuters Corp (NYSE:TRI) has kicked off its annual SYNERGY user conference in Grapevine, Texas, which hosts over 1,500 tax professionals and users of the Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE corporate tax technology platform.
Joe Harpaz, managing director, Corporate segment of the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters, said:
I’m eager to spend the next few days at SYNERGY discussing corporate tax technology trends and insights with our customers and partners and to recognize exceptional tax professionals and departments with the third annual Thomson Reuters Taxologist Awards. Taxologists are tax professionals who embrace technology to yield remarkable results. And what’s most exciting – SYNERGY attendees will be among the first to see and feel the latest and upcoming ONESOURCE applications.
The ONESOURCE Innovation Lab is one of the highlights of the conference and gives attendees exclusive, first-hand access to recently-released and soon-to-be-released Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE applications. The following applications – which are scheduled for release within the next 30 days – will be featured in the Innovation Lab:
- ONESOURCE Income Tax: The latest version of ONESOURCE Income Tax brings a consistent user experience and centralized user administration across the entire ONESOURCE direct tax suite.
- ONESOURCE BEPS Action Manager: The hosted web version introduces the ability to aggregate data efficiently from within BEPS Action Manager or from other ONESOURCE solutions, allowing users take full advantage of ONESOURCE data across applications.
- ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Compliance: The new web-based application offers an enhanced user experience with greater data insight for a streamlined and efficient indirect tax compliance process.
- ONESOURCE Indirect Tax: The latest version features an improved, modern user interface optimized for productivity and offers enterprise-grade configurability and content to match the specific tax needs of every company.
In addition to the applications featured at the ONESOURCE Innovation Lab at SYNERGY, Thomson Reuters will also release the following new or enhanced ONESOURCE applications over the next 30 days:
- ONESOURCE AEOI: The integrated solution combines key requirements for both the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) to help organizations maintain global compliance.
- ONESOURCE Global Trade Classifier: The new application for global trade professionals automates a client’s classification workflow using their internal product database. It provides a semi-automated, batch classification process while providing access to global trade information for research, compliance, tracking regulatory changes, creating audit trails, post entry review and planning.