LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Earlier this week the $1.2 billion acquisition of payments expert Skrill by Optimal Payments Plc (LON:OPAY) got the approval of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The regulatory move paved the way for the completion of the deal and the pending changes to the share capital of Optimal Payments, as the deal involves a partial consideration in shares.
Because the acquisition is classified as a reverse takeover for Optimal Payments, upon the deal completion the listing on AIM of all of the pre-completion existing ordinary shares will be cancelled. Optimal Payments has applied for the immediate re-admission of those Pre-Completion Existing Ordinary Shares and the admission of the Skrill Consideration Shares to trading on AIM.
Today the company provided more details on this re-admission and admission:
- Type and nominal value of securities: Ordinary shares of £0.0001 each (“Ordinary Shares”).
- The number of ordinary shares to be admitted: 474,731,482 (subject to any option exercises ahead of Admission).
- This number includes 37,493,053 new Ordinary Shares to be issued to Sentinel Group Holdings S.A. (or its connected persons as directed) as partial consideration for the Skrill Acquisition.
- Expected admission date: 11 August 2015.
- The company expects that its Ordinary Shares would then be eligible for inclusion in the FTSE 250 Index of the London Stock Exchange.
- Anticipated market capitalisation on admission: Approximately £1.2 billion (based on close price on 4 August 2015).
Below is a list of significant shareholders in Optimal Payments, accompanied by tabulated data about the size of their shareholding in the company before and after Admission.
To view the official filing with the London Stock Exchange, click here.