Japanese online trading services provider Monex Group, Inc. (TYO:8698) has earlier today reported its preliminary financial metrics for the second quarter and the first half of its fiscal year to the end of March 2016.
The set of results is rather solid, especially when compared with the same period a year earlier when the company posted a net loss. Regarding quarterly comparisons, revenues and profits staged an increase.
Let’s examine the particular numbers.
- Net profit for the quarter to September 30, 2015 was JPY 1.77 billion ($14.6m), up 2.3% from the JPY 1.73 billion reported for the preceding quarter – the one to June 30, 2015.
- Pre-tax profit for the three months to September 30, 2015 was JPY 2.7 billion, up 8% from the preceding quarter.
- Total operating revenues during the second quarter (till September 30, 2015) amounted to JPY 14.7 billion, up 3.5% from the result recorded in the preceding quarter.
- In the six months to September 2015, the profits attributable to owners of the company amounted to JPY 3.5 billion, compared with a loss of JPY 304 million a year earlier.
- Total operating revenues for the first half of the year were JPY 28.9 billion, up 26.5% from the same period a year earlier.
To view the preliminary numbers report, click here.