LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Earlier today, the Futures Financial Association of Japan (FFAJ) announced the monthly operating metrics of its members that offer Forex and binary options trading over the counter for July 2015.
The last month turned out to be different for the trading activity in the Forex and binary options segments, as Forex volumes staged a drop in monthly terms, whereas binary options trading volumes rose markedly from June 2015 levels.
As usual, we start the review with the Forex segment metrics.
- A total of 56 members of FFAJ filed their OTC Forex reports for July 2015 with the regulator. That is the same number of reporting companies as in June 2015.
- The data showed that their OTC retail Forex margin trading volumes amounted to JPY 479 trillion ($3.85 trillion), down 9.5% from the JPY 529.6 trillion recorded in June 2015.
- The three most traded currency pairs OTC remained the same: USD/JPY, EUR/USD and EUR/JPY. The steepest month-on-month increase in trading volumes was registered by AUD/JPY (+56.4%).
And now let’s take a look at the binary options statistics for July 2015.
- A total of 8 members of FFAJ reported data about their OTC binary options trading volumes for last month.
- Binary options trading volumes amounted to JPY 48.76 billion in July 2015, up 10.6% from June 2015 levels but down 9.4% from levels registered in July 2014.
- Trading payment grew in monthly terms. It amounted to JPY 24.4 billion in July 2015, up massive 25.8% from the result registered in June 2015.
- The number of active accounts added to the positive trend, going up to 14,642, compared with 14,100 in June 2015.
To download the report on OTC Forex volumes for July 2015, click here.
To download the report on binary options volumes for July 2015, click here.