LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Gain Capital Holdings Inc (NYSE:GCAP) has managed to finish 2015 on a strong note, with retail trading volumes registering increases in both monthly and annual terms in December 2015.
Retail trading volumes recovered from weak levels seen in November 2015 to record a double-digit month-on-month jump. The rise from December 2014 was also impressive at 17.3%.
The company attributed the strong results to increased volatility in key currency pairs and commodities markets in the latter half of the final quarter of 2015.
The performance of the institutional business was less impressive, as monthly GTX trading volumes rose slightly in monthly terms, but the average daily reading showed a marginal drop. The decrease in annual terms was more pronounced.
Below are the highlights for December 2015:
- OTC average daily volume of $12.6 billion, an increase of 15.2% from November 2015 and 17.3% from December 2014.
- OTC trading volume of $276.9 billion, an increase of 20.7% from November 2015 and an increase of 17.3% from December 2014.
- Active OTC accounts of 146,977, a decrease of 1.3% from November 2015 and an increase of 54.9% from December 2014.
- Futures average daily contracts of 33,181, an increase of 17.0% from November 2015 and an increase of 7.0% from December 2014.
- Futures contracts of 729,988, an increase of 28.7% from November 2015 and an increase of 12.1% from December 2014.
- GTX average daily volume of $16.2 billion, a decrease of 2.6% from November 2015 and a decrease of 6.3% from December 2014.
- GTX volume of $355.4 billion, an increase of 2.1% from November 2015 and a decrease of 6.3% from December 2014.
“As a result of increased volatility in key currency pairs and commodities markets in the latter half of Q4 2015, GAIN’s retail revenue per million tracked to our pro forma trailing twelve month level of $98, with retail volume generated from the indirect business representing 50% of total OTC trading volume in the quarter,” remarked Glenn Stevens, Chief Executive Officer.
You can view the official announcement from GAIN Capital on its December 2015 metrics by clicking here.