China’s securities regulator approves first brokerage JV under CEPA


China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) issued a statement on Friday approving the setting up of a brokerage joint venture (JV) between mainland and Hong Kong investors.

This is the first brokerage JV between the mainland and Hong Kong formed under the Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA).

According to a report by Xinhua, the new company will have a registered capital of 3.5 billion yuan (US$540 million) and will be set up in Shanghai pilot free trade zone. The new entity will offer standard brokerage services.

The new entity has six months to register with regulatory authorities before commencing operations.

Three Hong Kong investors will hold a total of 34.85% in the new company whereas 11 mainland investors will hold the remaining 65.15%.

CEPA allows Hong Kong or Macao-funded financial institutions to establish one brokerage joint venture in each of Guangdong, Shanghai and Shenzhen with a maximum stake of 51%. They can also set up one brokerage JV in the mainland’s reform pilot zones with a maximum shareholding of 49%.

For the official announcement from the Chinese regulator, click here.

Related News

arrow

China's securities regulator approves first brokerage JV under CEPA

2

Send this to a friend

Subscribe to LeapRate
PGlmcmFtZSBzcmM9Ii93cC1jb250ZW50L2E0bHIvaGFuMTZyZXNfNjI1eDQwMC5odG1sIiB3aWR0aD0iNjI1IiBoZWlnaHQ9IjQwMCIgZnJhbWVib3JkZXI9IjAiIHN0eWxlPSJib3JkZXI6bm9uZTsiIHNlYW1sZXNzPjwvaWZyYW1lPg==
PGlmcmFtZSB3aWR0aD0iNjQwIiBoZWlnaHQ9IjM5NSIgc3JjPSJodHRwczovL3d3dy55b3V0dWJlLmNvbS9lbWJlZC80Mzc5MThJbFc5ST9yZWw9MCZjb250cm9scz0wJnNob3dpbmZvPTAiIGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyPSIwIiBhbGxvdz0iYXV0b3BsYXk7IGVuY3J5cHRlZC1tZWRpYSIgYWxsb3dmdWxsc2NyZWVuPjwvaWZyYW1lPg==
Fill out the form below for more information
for lising in LeapRate's Forex Yellow Pages

Please enter the company name, email address to reach you and phone # (optional):

Please fill out the message field to the right for any questions or special inquiry:
PGlmcmFtZSBzcmM9Imh0dHBzOi8vczMtZXUtd2VzdC0xLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vZW1haWwubG1heHN0YXRpYy5jb20vaHRtbDUvTGVhcHJhdGUvTE1BWERpZ2l0YWwyNTB4OTAvTE1BWERpZ2l0YWw2MDB4NDI1UG9wVXBHcmV5Lmh0bWwiIGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyPSIwIiB3aWR0aD0iNjAwIiBoZWlnaHQ9NDI1Ij48L2lmcmFtZT4=
PGlmcmFtZSBzcmM9Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmxlYXByYXRlLmNvbS9hNGxyMTcvdWZ4MTgvNjAweDQyNV8xc3QtVGltZUxlYXBSYXRlLWVuLUdCX0hUTUw1Lmh0bWwiIGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyPSIwIiB3aWR0aD0iNjAwIiBoZWlnaHQ9NDI1Ij48L2lmcmFtZT4=
PGlmcmFtZSBzcmM9Ii8vY2RuLmJhbm5lcnNuYWNrLmNvbS9iYW5uZXJzL2JjaWVod29iOC9lbWJlZC9pbmRleC5odG1sP3VzZXJJZD0zMTU5MzQwNiZ0PTE1MTAxMzg3MTAiIHdpZHRoPSIxMDAlIiBoZWlnaHQ9IjEwMCUiIHNjcm9sbGluZz0ibm8iIGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyPSIwIiBhbGxvd3RyYW5zcGFyZW5jeT0idHJ1ZSIgYWxsb3dmdWxsc2NyZWVuPSJ0cnVlIj48L2lmcmFtZT4=