LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Blockchain technology company BTCS Inc (OTCMKTS:BTCS) and Israeli transaction verification hardware manufacturer Spondoolies-Tech Ltd, which have recently sealed a definitive merger agreement, on Wednesday announced the launch of the first product of their tech collaboration – the new SP50 transaction verification server.
The SP50 server is expected to be 400% more efficient than its predecessor, the SP35, offering a reduction in operational costs, as well as increased ease of management and maintenance.
“The SP50 is another leap forward towards the future of transaction verification servers. The SP50 has been specifically designed for maximum power efficiency and easy management without making use of expensive and risky design and production processes,” says Kobi Levin, Spondoolies’ Chief Operations Officer and head of engineering.
Technical highlights include:
- Simplicity of 110 TH/s (Tera hash per second) in just one unit;
- Extremely low power consumption (well below many competitors) and an estimated 4x improvement over current Spondoolies units (0.15J/GH compared to 0.61J/GH);
- Reliable and cost effective 28 nanometer (nm) process versus 16 nm processes;
- Replaceable modular circuit boards (similar to blade servers) for quick upgrades and repairs;
- Easily replaceable built-in power supply units;
- Design foundation for future generation 16 nm chips.
“We are excited about the launch of the SP50, which should be the leader in server density and power efficiency. The SP50 is expected to allow users to deploy large processing power (hash rate) with a small number of units and without having to care for external power supplies,” says Guy Corem, Chief Executive Officer of Spondoolies.
BTCS and Spondoolies plan to host the SP50 in BTCS’ North Carolina facility, as well as at other low cost facilities.
“The SP50 is a major step forward in terms of transaction verification servers and should position us ahead of our competitors. Utilizing this next-generation technology in our growing transaction verification business should result in extremely low operational costs, ultimately leading to significantly enhanced shareholder value,” says BTCS CEO Charles Allen.
To view the official announcement by Spondoolies on the new product launch, click here.