LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Leading Ireland-based FX broker undergoes major rebranding as it branches out from FX.
AvaFX, a member of LeapRate’s Approved List of global regulated FX brokers, has announced a major rebranding, and will now operate as AvaTrade. The rebranding includes a new website at www.avatrade.com.
AvaTrade also released its trading volumes for the year 2012, coming in at more than $400 billion.
This actually represents the second rebranding of a major Irish firm in the past few weeks — we recently reported that leading Irish financial spreadbetting firm Marketspreads renamed itself Shelbourne Markets at the beginning of March.
Both moves by AvaTrade and Shelbourne reflect the increasing diversity in trading products being offered by online trading firms. It is not just about “FX” or “spreadbetting” any more. In our latest LeapRate-Dow Jones Forex Industry Report, we estimate that currently non-FX products (e.g. CFDs, commodities, binary options) represent 13%-15% of overall trading at online brokerages such as AvaTrade, up from under 5% five years ago. And that number could hit 20% by mid-decade.
For the complete AvaTrade press release see below.
Leading Trading Site Ava FX Rebrands as AvaTrade
Monday, April 22, 2013, Dublin – Pioneering Forex and CFD broker Ava Group this week revealed the future of its online trading brand with the global launch of AvaTrade.
AvaTrade replaces the company’s original brand, Ava FX, which had grown to become one of the most popular retail trading sites since its founding in 2006.
The launch of the state-of-the-art website brings numerous new features and improvements to a trading portal used by more than 200,000 registered clients.
In addition to AvaTrade’s advanced, user-friendly interface, the company has introduced a range of new platforms and instruments, revamped and expanded educational resources, and improved security features.
Ava Group CEO Emanuel Kronitz said: “The launch of the new brand is an important milestone in the history of Ava. It builds upon our long-term goal of providing our clients with a diverse and expansive range of products to trade, which has been a major driver behind Ava’s incredible growth.”
Ava Group’s annual trading volume increased from $31billion in 2007 to more than $400billion in 2012.
Kronitz added: “Building the new brand was one of the biggest projects we have undertaken at Ava. We wanted to create an environment for our clients that would not only deliver everything required by the professional trader but that would also help new traders build their confidence. That means providing all the educational materials, resources and tools they need to make informed trading decisions.”
“We’ve learned a lot over the past seven years and invested all of that knowledge into the creation of AvaTrade. We’re confident that we have delivered a product that traders are going to love.”
AvaTrade Launch: Facts & Figures
Ava was launched in 2006 offering online Forex trading. Since then it has expanded into offering CFD trading on commodities, stocks, indices & bonds. It is one of the world’s most popular brokers, with more than 200,000 registered customers and an annual turnover of more than $400 billion in 2012. New features for the launch of AvaTrade include:
• New & improved website utilizing the latest technology
• ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds) added to Ava’s selection of 200+ instruments
• Mac-compatible Ava MetaTrader 4 available for first time
• MetaTrader 4 accessible as fully-featured web trader and smartphone app
• New training videos and free online trading course
• First CFD broker to introduce segregated client custodial accounts
+1 646 335 0738 (Ext. 2106)