LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The following guest post is courtesy of Yael Warman, Content Manager at Leverate. Yael is a creative writer with a strong background in marketing and advertising. Yael has been a writer for over 10 years and has worked for clients in various industries as well as her own companies.
If you also have an idea for a guest post on LeapRate – and want your article to be viewed by the hundreds of thousands of viewers who regularly visit our site and receive our daily email newsletter – please contact us at [email protected].
Forex sales can be an extremely lucrative profession. It can also be one of the most challenging, competitive and difficult ones. Long hours, demanding clients, demanding managers and the relentless pressure to perform mean not everyone is cut out for it. In order to strive as a sales agent in the Forex industry, there are certain attributes a person must possess and master.
1. They ask valuable questions. In order to figure out what a client wants and needs, a successful salesperson must ask plenty of quality questions. By asking deep, uncovering questions, a salesperson can determine a trader’s goals, concerns and doubts and present their service in a way that meets the customer’s needs and makes their customer believe they are making the right choice by investing with said brokerage.
2. They are exceptional time managers. Productive sales people won’t just float along from one task to the next. They’ll set a clear plan based on specific goals, schedule appointments and manage their schedule in writing. They are punctual because they know that time is money.
3. They know their product. Great sales agents know what they are selling, keep up with news, have in-depth knowledge of the industry and keep abreast of what the competition is doing. They know what their product’s strengths are as well as the weaknesses.
4. They let go. Good sales people realize sales is a numbers game and sort through prospects quickly in order to determine who the best ones are and weed out weak prospects. They realize they can’t persuade everyone so they are not afraid to dump prospects who are wishy-washy, making time for those traders who make it worth their while.
5. They under promise and over deliver. Great sales agents know that if they set the trader’s expectations low, both in terms of features they’ll receive form the brokerage as well as the level of service they’ll receive form the agent, they’ll be blown away by the time service they begin the trading experience with you.
6. They set goals. Exceptional sales agents are driven by outcome, rather than by just letting their client flow set their agenda and working on whatever falls on their laps. They define what they want to accomplish and plan their strategies and tasks with the outcome in mind. They look at their pipeline and prioritize it, they set their schedules to maximize time differences and look for ways to manage their territories wisely.
7. They measure results honestly and constantly. If at any moment in time, a great sales agent realizes that their daily activities are not helping them meet their goals, they quickly revise their plan, reload and get moving again. They are honest with themselves and constantly evaluate their numbers. If the numbers are up, they figure out why and leverage their activities to keep improving. If the numbers are down, they don’t panic, they analyze and fix what needs fixing. They don’t simply count the money at the end of the month. A successful agent quantifies every sale activity with every single client.