LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Dow Jones today announced it has launched the Factiva app on the Salesforce AppExchange, empowering businesses to connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. The Factiva app offers customers access to content from 33,000 premium news sources and over 20 million public and private company profiles.
Factiva’s set of sources is now fully integrated into the Salesforce platform, allowing customers to add company, people and financial news and data directly into their workflows.
The Factiva app enables sales teams to:
- Add Factiva company news and data to Salesforce account pages to understand the issues impacting customers and prospects.
- Identify when the volume of media coverage about a key account changes, revealing sales opportunities and risk factors.
- Monitor critical trends, competitors and industries, and receive customized alerts on companies and topics of interest.
- Share content across their organization via Chatter, Salesforce’s proprietary chat platform.
- Look-up any company on Factiva’s Companies & Executives platform, which provides company information, stock price, peer groups, latest financials and company news alerts.
New users of the Factiva app will benefit from subscriber access to WSJ.com and Barrons.com, as well as Factiva’s Companies & Executives and iPhone app.
The Factiva app is available in ten languages and can display content in 28 languages.
Unlocking premium content to power business is at the heart of Dow Jones’s mission. The Factiva app is designed to help salespeople score more wins through awareness of key issues facing a customer or prospect. It does so by providing access to 33,000 trusted, quality sources from around the world,” said William Ashworth, General Manager of Dow Jones’s Knowledge & Insight division. “Additionally, due to the unique way Factiva licenses and hosts content, customers can read our content from within the Salesforce environment, which greatly enhances the user experience.
Companies are looking to transform the way they connect with customers, partners and employees to thrive in the age of the customer,” said Kori O’Brien, SVP, App Innovation Partner Sales, Salesforce. “By leveraging the power of the Salesforce Platform, Dow Jones’ Factiva app provides customers with an exciting new way to access premium news and data that is relevant to their own customers or prospects.