LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Enables financial professionals to access, share and integrate Dow Jones’s premium news and analysis directly into their workflows
Dow Jones has announced the launch of a revamped news app on Symphony, the secure collaboration and workflow platform, which gives Symphony users access to premium news and analysis from across the Dow Jones global network.
The Dow Jones News App on Symphony surfaces more than 8,000 news items a day from Dow Jones Newswires, including content from The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s and MarketWatch, via paid subscription.
The app features easy search and sharing capabilities, directly within the Symphony platform, to help power financial professionals’ workflows. It uses APIs built on the new Dow Jones DNA platform, which launched in beta in April.
Key features of the Dow Jones News App on Symphony include:
- Real-time streaming news – Headlines and stories load in-app the instant they are published
- Powerful search – A 400-day archive, searchable by company or keyword
- Instant share – Send relevant news items directly through chats to colleagues and communities
- Integrated with Symphony functionality – #hashtags and $cashtags can be used to run content queries directly from chat windows
- A direct line to the world’s premier newsroom – access to all content from the Dow Jones Institutional Wire, including exclusive breaking news and analysis from The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s and MarketWatch
Trusted, quality news has never been more important, but for financial professionals, how news is integrated into their workflow is critical. The Dow Jones News App on Symphony fulfills both these needs, delivering Dow Jones’ world-class content straight into Symphony’s secure messaging environment and partner ecosystem,” said Joe Cappitelli, General Manager of News & Insights at Dow Jones. “We will leverage our newly released DNA platform as we continue to look for ways to integrate our content into customers’ workflows.
The way news is consumed on Wall Street is changing radically, moving towards a model where content is highly customized and sharable,” said Edward Roussel, Chief Innovation Officer at Dow Jones. “Our goal is to eliminate the noise, facilitating faster decision-making and giving customers on Symphony an edge.
We are excited to offer the Dow Jones News App to Symphony’s growing network of users,” said Frederic Stemmelin, Vice President, Business Development at Symphony. “With this app, Dow Jones is giving financial professionals the ability to integrate premium, quality news into their daily workflow – without ever leaving the Symphony platform.