The Corda Network Foundation has just announced the appointment of its transitional Board of Directors for the next year.
The appointments mark the beginning of a transition period which will move governance of Corda Network from the enterprise blockchain software firm R3 to a separate legal entity.
LeapRate reminds that earlier this year, blockchain company R3 launched an open blockchain network to link participants in Corda (called Corda Network), to be run by a new non-profit independent of R3.
David Rutter, CEO and founder of R3, said:
Our vision for Corda Network is that it will become an ‘internet of nodes’ for blockchain, enabling global connectivity on Corda. Just like the internet, trust in Corda Network’s independence is crucial for its success. When we launched Corda Network earlier this year, we promised that it would be run by its users, for its users. This will allow users to integrate multiple Corda applications or CorDapps into their workflow, confident that decisions about the technology are being made in their interests. The appointment of the transitional Board is a vital first step to full independence and I’m confident that Corda Network has been placed in safe hands.
This transitional Board will remain in place for one year, after which, steady state elections will commence, and all full participants of Corda Network will be able to vote for and stand for election to the Board of Directors.
The 9 transitional Directors are:
- Andrei Ilchenko – Head of IT Wholesale Banking Channels, ING, Europe
- Alain Verschueren – Head of Innovation & DLT, Trade Finance Competence Centre, BNP Paribas, Europe
- Masayuki Miyashita – Head of Structured Trade Group, Global Trade Finance Department, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Asia
- Joshua Kroeker – Director, Blockchain Lead for Global Commercial Banking, HSBC, Asia
- Andrew Speers – Director, Product and Innovation, NatWest, Europe
- Jordane Rollin – Executive Director & Head, Digital Transformation, Trade Finance Global Products, Standard Chartered, Asia
- Markus Tradt – Chief Technology Officer, B3i, Europe
- Edwin Oversteeg – Manager, Organisational Development, Achmea, Europe
- Greg Crow – Global Head of Architecture, AXA XL, Europe