The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) announced today the membership of the Market Structure Advisory Committee (MSAC) for the 2017 – 2019 term.
The MSAC continues to serve as a forum to address issues associated with market structure and marketplace operations in the Canadian markets. The MSAC also acts as a source of feedback to OSC Staff on the development of policy and rule-making initiatives that promote investor protection, fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in those markets.
The Market Structure Advisory Committee brings together a wealth of experience and knowledge, and we look forward to continuing to receive valuable input from the committee,” said Susan Greenglass, Director of Market Regulation at the OSC.
The MSAC will meet at least four times a year, with members serving two-year terms. Effective October 1, 2017, the MSAC members are:
- Craig Hurl – Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Andreas Park – University of Toronto
- Peter Coffey – Liquidnet Canada Inc.
- Jamie Anderson – Canadian Securities Exchange
- Joacim Wiklander – Aequitas NEO Exchange
- Heather Killian – CIBC World Markets
- Patrick McEntyre – National Bank Financial
- Norm Cappell – Independent
- David Panko – TD Securities
- Kari Tavener – Bloom Burton & Co
- Mark Wilkinson – Citadel Securities Canada
- Torstein Braaten – BMO Capital Markets
- Doug Clark – ITG Canada Corp.
- Laflèche Montreuil – Desjardins Securities
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in the capital markets.