LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) today launched a consultation on draft Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS) under the new Prospectus Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2017/1129).
These RTSs set out a number of requirements concerning the following topics:
- The key financial information that should appear in the summary of the prospectus;
- Data and machine readability of information to be sent to ESMA in relation to the storage and mechanism providing the public with free of charge access and search functions;
- Advertisements relating to public offers or admission to trading;
- Situations which require the publication of a supplement to a prospectus; and
- Publication of a prospectus.
In addition to market participants affected by the new Prospectus Regulation, ESMA would in particular encourage investors, issuers, offerors or persons asking for admission to trading on a regulated market to respond to this consultation paper.
The consultation published today is open for comments until 9 March 2018.