Moscow Exchange (MOEX) just released its monthly market report for April 2017.
The trading volume of stocks in the securities market totalled RUB 718 bn in April. The average daily trading volume was RUB 35.9 bln, down 6% from March.
The T+2 sector made up 91.4% of the total secondary market trading volume and the T0 sector accounted for 8.6%.
Monthly changes in Blue Chips’ closing prices
The following blue chips were down in April:
- Lukoil ords, by 5.5% (to RUB 2,818 per share),
- Surgutneftegas ords, by 5.2% (to RUB 27.91 per share),
- Rostelecom ords, by 3.2% (to RUB 74.5 per share),
- Norilsk Nickel ords, by 2% (to RUB 8,747 per share),
- Rosneft ords, by 1.9% (to RUB 317.25 per share),
- Polyus Gold ords, by 1% (to RUB 4,405 per share).
The following blue chip shares were up in April:
- VTB Bank ords, by 0.7% (to RUB 0.06671 per share),
- Sberbank ords, by 3.4% (to RUB 165.2 per share),
- Gazprom ords, by 6.9% (to RUB 136.75 per share),
- FGC UES ords, by 9.7% (to RUB 0.1964 per share).
Monthly best sellers
This month’s most traded stocks were Sberbank ords (SBER) with a turnover of RUB 156 bln (22% of the total), followed by Gazprom (GAZP) with RUB 110.2 bln (15%), Transneft (TRNFP) with RUB 57 bln (8%), Lukoil (LKOH) with RUB 36.9 bln (5%) and Alrosa (ALRS) with RUB 31.4 bln (4%).
Other securities’ turnover totalled RUB 326.7 bln (46% of the total trading volume).
For the complete MOEX monthly report, click here.