Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE) has just announced its December, Q4 and full year 2018 trading volume and related revenue statistics.
Two months ago, the exchange has acquired the remaining equity of MERSCORP Holding, Inc., owner of Mortgage Electronic Registrations Systems, Inc. (MERS).
Ben Jackson, President of Intercontinental Exchange, commented on the news:
We are pleased to report another record year for ICE volumes in 2018. Fourth quarter volumes were up 20% versus the prior year period, and open interest continues to build increasing 10% versus the fourth quarter of 2017. We saw new records across our commodity and financial markets reflecting how, in times of heightened volatility and uncertainty, market participants turn to our liquid and diverse markets to manage and hedge their risk.
- 4Q18 ICE ADV up 20% y/y, including record futures ADV; OI up 10% y/y
- Record 2018 gasoil ADV up 10% y/y
- Record 2018 TTF gas ADV up 23% y/y
- Record 2018 and 4Q18 emissions ADV up 72% y/y and 72% y/y, respectively
- Record 2018 WTI ADV up 5% y/y
- Record 2018 interest rate ADV up 14% y/y
- Record 2018 and 4Q18 Sterling ADV up 9% y/y and 29% y/y, respectively
- Record 2018 and 4Q18 Gilt ADV up 27% y/y and 41% y/y, respectively
- Record 4Q18 and December MSCI ADV up 56% y/y and 35% y/y, respectively
- Record 2018 ags & metals ADV up 14% y/y
- 4Q18 NYSE cash equities ADV up 45% y/y; December ADV up 59% y/y
- 4Q18 equity options ADV up 44% y/y; December ADV up 46% y/y
- 4Q18 CDS gross notional cleared up 63% y/y
ICE will report Q4 2018 earnings on February 7, 2019.