LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Financial exchanges operator Bats Global Markets, Inc. (Bats: BATS) has reported August data and highlights, including strong market share across all of its markets for the month.
Highlights for August include:
- Maintaining its position as the second-largest U.S. Equities market operator with 21.1% market share;
- Retaining its position as the largest European stock exchange with 23.4% market share and the largest trade reporting facility with €307.8 billion reported to BXTR for the month;
- Remaining the #1 U.S. market operator for ETF trading, executing 24.1% of all volume during the month. In addition, Bats has won 26% of all new U.S. ETF listings year-to-date vs only 9% for full-year 2015;
- Reporting 10.7% U.S. Options market share, as well as 15.3% market share in single-leg equity options trades for the month;
- Unveiling plans to launch Bats LIS, powered by BIDS Trading, a new block trading service for the European equity market;
- Announcing plans to acquire Javelin Swap Execution Facility, accelerating Bats’ plans to offer the trading of non-deliverable forwards for the FX market;
- Announcing plans to launch the Bats Auction Mechanism (BAM), new functionality that provides price improvement opportunities for orders sent to EDGX Options;
- Working with Nasdaq and NYSE to strengthen U.S. equity markets through the harmonization of key functions;
- Boosting ETP market incentive plan for market makers who play pivotal role throughout lifecycle of ETPs;
- Recording more than $93 billion of notional value per day touched by the Bats markets in August, including trades reported to BXTR.
To see the full report, click here.