LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
On 1 December 2016, The Taiwan Futures Exchange (TAIFEX) listed new futures and options contracts on one underlying ETF linked to China’s stock market – the Capital SZSE SME Price Index ETF (TWSE code: 00643 (TWD)).
Expanding the coverage of the Exchange’s offerings over China’s major stock indices, the Capital SZSE SME Price Index ETF has become the latest addition to TAIFEX, joining the current ETF futures and options suite, which is now composed of 8 underlying ETFs linked to both domestic and offshore indices:
- Yuanta/P-shares Taiwan Top 50 ETF Futures and Options
- W.I.S.E. Yuanta/P-shares CSI 300 ETF Futures and Options
- Fubon SSE 180 ETF Futures and Options
- Yuanta/P-Shares SSE 50 ETF Futures and Options
- Fuh Hwa CSI 300 A Shares ETF Futures and Options
- Cathay FTSE China A50 ETF Futures and Options
- Fubon SZSE 100 Index ETF Futures and Options
- Capital SZSE SME Price Index ETF Futures and Options
Prior to the launch, TAIFEX’ 7 ETF futures altogether posted an average daily trading volume (ADTV) of 7,332 contracts year-to-date (YTD), of which the two most actively traded contracts – Fubon SSE 180 ETF Futures and Yuanta/P-shares Taiwan Top 50 ETF Futures – traded for 3,757 and 1,165 contracts (YTD), respectively. The ADTV of the 7 ETF futures presented an increase of 41.22% from previous month (November to October 2016).
Additionally, TAIFEX added options contracts to the 4 following stocks:
- HTC (2498),
- Catcher Technology (2474),
- Micro-Star International (2377), and
- Largan Precision (3008),
making it a total of 51 equity options available at TAIFEX for trading.