LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Tokyo Financial Exchange (TFX) has earlier today published its operating metrics for May 2015, with our focus, as usual, falling on the results of Click365, or exchange-traded Forex margin contracts. May saw barely any changes in overall trading activity in this respect, as Click365 trading volumes moved slightly downwards when compared to April 2015 levels.
- TFX Click365 overall trading volumes in May 2015 came in at 2,764,360 contracts, which is 0.9% lower than in April 2015.
- However, the number is impressive 47.1% higher than in May 2014.
- Click365 average daily turnover in May 2015 was 135,659 contracts.
- Amid Click365 trading instruments, the biggest rise in turnover in May 2015 was registered by GBP/JPY contracts. Surprisingly enough, after a very steep rise in turnover in April 2015, CAD/JPY contracts saw the steepest month-on-month decline in May 2015.
See more details below:
Let’s mention some numbers regarding the other TFX trading segments.
- The trading volume of Three-month Euroyen futures in May 2015 totaled 161,985, up 13.8% against April 2015 levels but down 30.4% from May 2014 levels.
- The total trading volume of Exchange Equity Index Margin contracts (Click kabu 365) in May 2015 was 624,281, down 18.2% from April 2015 levels and up massive 132.8% from May 2014 levels.
- Combined trading volume for all TFX products was 3,550,626 in May 2015, registering a drop of 3.9% from April 2015 and a rise of 49.2% from May 2014 levels.
To view more details about TFX’s performance metrics for May 2015, click here.