LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The French Minister of Finance has appointed a new member to the decision-making body of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF).
By way of an order dated 26 December 2016 (and published in the Official Journal on 3 January 2017), the French Minister of Finance has appointed Muriel Faure to the AMF Board because of her financial and legal expertise, as well as her experience in initial public offerings and investment in securities.
A graduate of the ESSEC Business School and the French Society of Financial Analysts (SFAF), and a member of the strategic committee and co-Chair of the research and innovation committee at the French asset management association (AFG), Muriel Faure has spent the vast majority of her career working in asset management.
She joins the AMF Board, replacing Jean-Luc Enguéhard. AMF Chairman Gérard Rameix wishes to take this opportunity to once again pay tribute to Mr Enguéhard, who died last summer.
A Board comprises 16 members drawn from a variety of background
As a reminder, in addition to its chairperson appointed by the president of the Republic for a non-renewable five-year term, the Board includes:
- three members appointed respectively by the vice-president of the Council of State, the first president of the Court of Cassation, and the first president of the Court of Audit;
- three members appointed respectively by the president of the Senate, the president of the National Assembly and the president of the Economic, Social and Environmental Council;
- a representative of the Banque de France appointed by the governor;
the president of the Autorité des Normes Comptables;
- seven members appointed by the minister of the economy.
- Board members other than the Banque de France representative and the Chairman of the Autorité des Normes Comptables (who are appointed by virtue of their position) serve a five-year term of office, renewable once.
The Board’s membership :
Mr. Gérard Rameix, Chairman,
Mr. Jean-Claude Hassan,
Mrs Martine Ract-Madoux,
Mr. Michel Camoin,
Mr. Robert Ophèle,
Mr.Patrick de Cambourg,
Mr. Bernard Coupez,
Mr. Thierry Philipponnat,
Mr. Christian de Boissieu,
Mr. Helman le Pas de Sécheval,
Mr. Jean-Pierre Hellebuyck,
Mr. Jean-Claude Hanus,
Mr. Christian Schricke,
Mrs Muriel Faure,
Mrs Sophie Langlois,
Mrs Sylvie Lucot.