LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:IBKR) has just reported its operating metrics for August 2015, a month that was relatively calm at its start and which saw a steep rise in market volatility in its last week.
Although the broker regsitered client equity decline in monthly terms in August 2015, trading activity as indicated by the number of daily average revenue trades (DARTs) kept climbing, even after a robust July.
Key performance metrics for August 2015 include:
- Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) reached 737,000, up 49% from August 2014 and up 13% from July 2015.
- Client equity totalled $62.9 billion at the end of August 2015, 13% higher than prior year and 4% lower than prior month.
- Ending client margin loan balances were $16.3 billion, 2% lower than prior year and 10% lower than prior month.
- Ending client credit balances were $35.6 billion, 21% higher than prior year and 3% higher than prior month.
- The number of client accounts reached 317,000, 18% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 529 annualized average cleared DARTs per client account.
- Average commission per cleared client order of $4.15 including exchange, clearing and regulatory fees.
To view the official announcement by Interactive Brokers, click here.