LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Japanese FX giant GMO Click Securities, part of GMO Click Holdings Inc (TYO:7177), has just reported its key operating metrics for September 2015, with the data being rather positive for over-the-counter trading and somewhat disappointing for on-exchange trading (but still in tune with the rest of the industry).
Worth noting is the steep rise that OTC Forex volumes marked month-on-month, surpassing the level of $1 trillion in September 2015.
Let’s take a look at the particular metrics:
- GMO Click reported OTC Forex volumes of JPY 131.16 trillion ($1.09 trillion) in September 2015, up 16.6% from the JPY 112.53 trillion registered in August 2015.
- OTC Forex volumes in September 2015 compared favourably with the result of JPY 90 trillion registered in September 2014. The increase in annual terms was 45.7%.
- The number of Forex Neo accounts rose in both annual and monthly terms – the rise from August 2015 levels is 1%.
- On-exchange trading, however, provided a piece of dismal news in September 2015, as the number of contracts traded on Click365 amounted to 582,135, down 13% from 670,840 in August 2015.
- On the brighter side, the number of Click365 accounts reached 308,621 at the end of September 2015, up 1.4% from August 2015.
GMO Click’s OTC Forex volumes (red line). Unit: trillion yen
To view the detailed operating metrics report by GMO Click for September 2015, click here.