LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP) today reported Forex trading operating metrics for the month of October 2015. Volumes continue to slow-down heading into the new year, one thing that should drive some end-of-year volatility is December’s FOMC meeting. However, we never know what can be around the corner when it comes to the markets…so volatility can spike back at any time, but after a strong summer of trading volumes across the industry – things definitely seem to be cooling off a bit.
GAIN Capital Retail Metrics
- OTC trading volume of $264.4 billion, a decrease of 18.1% from September 2015 and 3.3% from October 2014.
- OTC average daily volume of $12.0 billion, a decrease of 18.1% from September 2015 and an increase of 1.1% from October 2014.
- Active OTC accounts4 of 148,328, a decrease of 1.0% from September 2015 and an increase of 57.5% from October 2014.
- Futures average daily contracts of 32,649, a decrease of 14.2% from September 2015 and 12.0% from October 2014.
- Futures contracts of 685,628, a decrease of 14.2% from September 2015 and 16.0% from October 2014.
Further Reading: GAIN Capital shares pop 9% after reporting good Q3 results
GAIN Capital Institutional Metrics
- GTX volume of $311.5 billion, a decrease of 10.4% from September 2015 and 21.7% from October 2014.
- GTX average daily volume of $14.2 billion, a decrease of 10.4% from September 2015 and 18.1% from October 2014.
“In October, customers were migrated off a legacy GFT trading platform as part of the Company’s planned City Index integration activities. This resulted in decreased trading activity in the month as customers transitioned onto new trading technology. In addition, a number of underperforming partners were terminated in advance of the platform migration, which also contributed to the decline in trading volume during the month,” remarked Glenn Stevens, Chief Executive Officer.
Historical metrics and financial information can be found on the Company’s investor relations website by clicking here.