LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) keeps its conquest against clone firms – unauthorized entities that abuse the details of authorized firms in an effort to defraud investors more easily.
The latest warning concerns Markets Central Investment, a company which misuses the details of an FCA-licensed firm – Central Markets (London) Ltd. The clone entity, which is not associated in any way with the licensed firm, offers its potential clients to invest money in binary options. The website of the fraudulent entity targets English-speaking and French-speaking clients.
The warning against Markets Central Investment is published shortly after the French financial markets regulator AMF noted the rise in the number of clones of authorized firms, with the “fake” entities most often purporting to be active in binary options provision. The French regulator noted that FCA-licensed companies are often victims of such clones.
Below are the details of the clone firm and the authorized entity.
Clone (unauthorized) entity
- Name: Markets Central Investment;
- Address: 2 America Square, London EC3N 2LU, Royaume-Uni;
- Phone UK: +44 30 33 18 95 10;
- Phone FR: +33 09 77 55 73 18;
- Email: [email protected];
- Website: https://www.markets-central-investment.com/.
FCA authorised firm details
- Firm name: Central Markets (London) Ltd
- Firm reference number: 473312
- Address: 2 America Square, London EC3N 2LU, UK
- Website: https://www.centralmarkets.co.uk/.
You can view the full warning from the FCA by clicking here.