LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Bloomberg today announced new features on its refreshed Japanese language news website, Bloomberg.co.jp, bringing its look and functionality in line with the recently launched regional homepage of Bloomberg.com in Asia. Bloomberg is often used as a big media outlet for global brokerage television advertising.
“Our new Japanese website will help readers navigate more localized, relevant business news and market data more efficiently,” said Parry Ravindranathan, Managing Director – International for Bloomberg Media Group. “Bloomberg has set out to build a global, multi-platform business and financial media organization and key to this strategy is bringing our award-winning business journalism to important markets like Japan while delivering a mobile-first experience.”
“As global investors look to Japan with renewed interest, its economic trajectory is one of the most important stories we are covering today. Our new Japanese website will serve to deliver timely, important business news and insights about Japan and the world – with utmost relevance and insight,” said Brian Fowler, Managing Editor for Bloomberg News Japan.
Key highlights of the new site include:
- Dedicated news and market data sections that highlight market-moving financial news in Japan and across Asia Pacific, structured across overseas news, domestic markets, industries, economy, politics and columns
- A new digital video section that showcases compelling business news content from Bloomberg Television and Bloomberg’s digital video originals team
- Scrolling Video mini player featuring live streams of Bloomberg TV and links back to the video page
- Mobile web responsive site design including article pages with a deeper discovery of articles
- Social media curation and sharing from Bloomberg’s Japanese language Twitter and Facebook accounts
Anjali Kapoor, Head of Digital in Asia for Bloomberg Media Group added, “In view of the modern, mobile Japanese business consumer, we’ve included more localized, data rich news content on our new website. As a global leader in digital video, we will be featuring some of our best digital video and photos on the new site to deliver more compelling, interactive content to our Japanese audience every day on desktop and mobile.”
Like its global parent and Asia sites, Bloomberg.co.jp is powered by Brisket—a new cutting-edge, custom technology platform developed by Bloomberg technologists and designed to deliver an app-like experience at lightning speed.
Custom, proprietary modular technology enables editors to remix, rearrange and reshape the site in infinite ways. Whether through text, video, visual data, live television or any combination of those assets, the team can respond instantly to the non-stop demands of a 24/7 news cycle on a homepage that is fully responsive for every screen size.
According to comScore, Bloomberg.co.jp garnered 11 million page views in March 2016.
For more you can visit the new website here.