LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The Federal Court in Perth has made interim orders against West Australian-based property developer Ms Desiree Veronica Macpherson and several Macro Realty Group companies of which she is a director and direct/indirect shareholder, following an application by ASIC on July 21, 2016.
The companies subject to the orders are:
- Macro Realty Developments Pty Ltd (ACN 159 678 930),
- Macro Realty Pty Ltd (ACN 143 381 060),
- Macro All State Investments and Securities Ltd (ACN 168 713 719) (Holder of Australian financial services licence number 468439),
- Macro Realty Developments AFSL Pty Ltd (ACN 160 620 502), and
- Pilbara Property Developments Pty Ltd (ACN 162 445 187), (all five together, the Macro Group).
ASIC has obtained orders requiring Ms Macpherson to surrender to the Registry of the Court all passports held by her, any visa entitling her to enter, visit or reside in any country other than Australia and any airline tickets for travel outside Australia until further order.
The Court has also made interim asset preservation orders against Ms Macpherson and the Macro Group as well as restraining her and the Macro Group from providing financial services advice, dealing in financial products, promoting financial products and otherwise carrying on a financial services business. Ms Macpherson can apply to vary the orders on a day’s notice.
The matters subject to these interim orders have been set down for a final hearing on December 19, 2016.
ASIC reported that the investigation is ongoing.