CBOE Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBOE) just said the company completed its acquisition of Bats Global Markets, Inc. (Bats: BATS) on Tuesday, February 28, in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $3.4 billion (based on the closing price of CBOE Holdings shares on February 28). The combined company also announced its new corporate leadership structure, which includes key members of both CBOE’s and Bats’ executive teams.
Over the past several months we have been hard at work developing a seamless integration plan, and we are excited to finally bring together our two remarkably talented and innovative teams,” said Edward Tilly, CBOE Holdings Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
We are well-positioned to realize the benefits of joining Bats’ U.S. and European equities, options, ETF trading and global FX platforms, together with CBOE’s wide array of equity, ETF and index options, futures, multi-asset volatility products and educational resources. We believe that the resulting combination will allow us to cement CBOE’s position as the go-to partner for developing cutting-edge trading and investment solutions,” Tilly added.
- CBOE’s leadership team is headed by Edward Tilly, Chairman and CEO of CBOE Holdings.
- Chris Concannon, formerly CEO of Bats Global Markets, is President and COO of CBOE Holdings.
CBOE’s Leadership Team also includes:
- Alexandra Albright, Chief Compliance Officer
- Pamela Culpepper, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Alan Dean, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer
- John Deters, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Multi-Asset Solutions
- Bryan Harkins, Head of U.S. Equities and Global FX
- Mark Hemsley, President, Europe
- Greg Hoogasian, Chief Regulatory Officer
- Chris Isaacson, Chief Information Officer
- Carol Kennedy, Chief Communications Officer
- Stephanie Klein, Chief Marketing Officer
- Andrew Lowenthal, Head of Global Derivatives
- Joanne Moffic-Silver, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
CBOE Holdings today launched www.cboe.com/BatsIntegration, which hosts information for customers related to the ongoing integration. The webpage includes a corporate overview, key facts, frequently asked questions, overviews of the company’s products and markets, profiles of the leadership team and information for upcoming customer conference calls. The first of these calls is planned for March 29, 2017.
Analyst Conference Call
CBOE Holdings plans to provide updated guidance at a future date to be announced.