LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) has announced today the members of the Investment Funds Products Advisory Committee (IFPAC) for the 2017-2019 term.
The IFPAC advises OSC staff on product developments and innovations in the investment funds and structured products industry, and provides feedback on policy and rule-making initiatives. The Committee typically meets four times a year with members participating for two-year terms.
The IFPAC is currently chaired by Melissa Schofield, Senior Legal Counsel, Investment Funds and Structured Products Branch.
Effective immediately, the Committee members are:
- Steve Elgee – Periscope Capital Inc.
- Robert Lemon – CIBC World Markets Inc.
- Steven Leong – BlackRock Asset Management Canada Limited
- Erin Marof – Portland Investment Counsel Inc.
- Paul Mayhew – RBC Global Asset Management
- Colin Miller – Canoe Financial
- Florence S. Narine – AGF Investments Inc.
- Marian Passmore – Canadian Foundation for Advancement of Investor Rights (FAIR Canada)
- Derek Saliba – Manulife Investments
- Matthew Stern – Sun Life Global Investments (Canada) Inc.
- Atul Tiwari – Vanguard Investments Canada Inc.
- Rob Turnbull – BMO Capital Markets
- Megan Vesely – Sigma Analysis & Management Ltd.
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in the capital markets.